Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Some Valentine Love

I love Valentine's Day! It's almost February, so it's time to get out all the red, pink, chocolate, and all the HEARTS! Yeah, all the froo-froo stuff that DH hates, but I LOVE! I just feel so blessed this year already. I've been playing around with paper again (shocking, I know), and came up with this little album, just in time for Valentine's Day. It sits next to my desk, to remind me of my favorite people, and the reasons why I get up every morning!

It's made from altered index cards, and has photos of my family, in the order that I met them. I made the journaling pages turn independent from the photo pages. The idea was that each journaling page could go with any of the photos. It closes with a dowl (cut wooden skewer!) through some ribbon loops that connect the front and back covers. You can see close up photos of each page here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On a little side note, you may notice this little guy in my galleries:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's right, my first published layout! Look for it in February's Digital Artist Magazine!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

CONGRATS Amy! So excited that you are going to be in the magazine! I have LOVED every issue. I can't wait until it starts coming out in print!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

The mini-book is *Gorgeous* - what a fantastic memory for you. And a huge congrats on being published!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love the mini book! So cute! Congrats on being published.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Cathy Pascual said...

love the mini-book!
and I must say I love the "removed for publication" sign! can't wait to see the actual layout!

-cathy (aka cayla73)

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home