Thursday, March 03, 2005

Wishing for Warmth

I have been sick this week. Not with a cold, or anything similar. I have a stomach issue that is yet undiagnosed by modern medicine. Unfortunately, the pain has rendered me to the sofa for the past few days. Caring for Alex this week has been challenging to say the least, but for now, the sun is shining outside, my girls are at school, and my son is asleep. I am all alone for the moment.

Strangely enough, I have felt alone all week. I suppose it's because I haven't been able to get up and do my usual domestic duties, play with the kids, go to the grocery store. But instead of being the one who cannot spend the time that I want with my family, I have felt like they are the ones avoiding me. I understand that they want to give me space to get well, but...

This is silly. I have no reason to feel neglected, as I am blessed with the best family in the world. I am very lucky to be part of something so wonderful!

I long for warmer weather. As I mentioned before, the sun is shining, but it is still very cold. I am one of those people who needs the sun's warmth on their skin. I am happiest when I am outside, enveloped in the rays of the sun, like a blanket wrapped around me. I am destined to be barefoot, with sunscreen and sunglasses as my ever-present accessories. The beach is calling me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home