Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Uplifting moments

It's so easy to complain about those little things in our lives that may be causing us stress at the time, and let slip the small positive occurences. A shame, really. Giving the negative the attention it doesn't deserve, but wants badly, only amplifies its discomfort. It feels us with dread, making it harder to ignore. For some reason, happy thoughts are much easier to banish. They get squashed and seep out through the cracks that the negative thoughts leave.

So today I focus on the good.

I will not dwell on my lack of sleep, but instead be uplifted by the extra hour that my son slept last night. By the way he woke up, then went back to sleep all on his own. He still may not sleep all night, but he is sleeping longer.

I will not dwell on the tightness of my size 6 jeans, but instead be uplifted by the stunning fact that I can wear them at all. By the 5.2 pounds I seem to have misplaced over the last 3 weeks. I may not yet be where I want to be, or weigh what I want to weigh, but I am thinner than I was before I was pregnant. 9 weeks are still left to send the remaining pounds into exile.

I will not dwell on the slowness of my postal worker, who refuses to bring me my new stash, but instead be uplifted by the progress I am making on my current project. I may not yet have my new project, but I will not permit myself to start it until the old project is finished anyway.

I will not dwell on the current tension in the stitching community, but be uplifted by the boards that allow me to share my passion with other passionate stitchers. I may not be as "in the know" as I would like, or post as often as I would like, but I still consider these people my friends.

Lastly, I will not dwell on the slow dissolution of a very dear friendship, but be uplifted by the years of memories I still retain. By my family who give me all the love I need. By my few friends that still remain. I will resign myself to the fact that she wants and needs nothing more from me than an occasional email. I will move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home