Thursday, January 27, 2005

Bikini Bod

Yes, that's my goal. I want to look good, no, *great*, in a bikini by the end of April. The weight is steadily coming off, as I am being very diligent about my workouts and diet. I'm eating clean, and working my muscles every day. Yesterday, I finally got an elliptical, so now I can do cardio no matter the weather. I'm only 5 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight right now, and that's without any cardio. I'm going to "ellipticize" 4-5 times a week, so that should help. I will start measuring next week, and take pictures every four weeks for a 12-week period. I'm excited and motivated!

I don't understand all these low-carb diets. I am all for eating more protein, but only in the presence of a good, healthy carb. How else can the protein reach the muscles? Carbs are the energy that fuel your workouts, and lead the protein to build strong muscles. I don't deny that a person can lose a lot of weight on a low-carb diet. But it's not healthy. It won't re-shape your body! If you are a large pear at the beginning of a low-carb diet, you will just be a smaller pear at the end of it! I wish I could explain this to the dieting world. If you want to look fit and healthy and *lean*, you have to eat a low-fat, healthy diet of protein AND carbs!

I'm in total agreement with the rice-cake ad lady...what? bacon and fried chicken is ok, but stay away from broccoli?

By the way, I thought this was fun. I'm not as much of a loser as I thought! What about you?


I am 32% loser. What about you? Click here to find out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home