Thursday, October 28, 2004

Getting Ready for a Busy Weekend

Helen is my odd child. Not odd as in weird (although weirdness does run in the family, and I encourage that!), but she is my only child who does not have her birthday on the 16th. I still consider her the "middle" child, even though technically, there is no longer a middle. She's a Halloween baby, being born on the 29th. That means that not only do I have to buy candy, have enough creativity for four Haloween costumes, and carve at least 3 pumpkins (they each have to have their own), but I have to plan a birthday party as well! Cleaning the house is another necessity, since we will have out-of-town family come to join in the festivities. Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

My sore muscles don't offer any condolences, either. That's right - I am STILL sore, not from the first workout, but from subsequent ones. In two weeks, I have not missed a single workout, and I have eaten clean. My waist is 1.25 inches smaller because of it! WooHoo! I haven't taken official measurements yet, since it hasn't been quite 2 weeks, but I just had to take a quick peek. It was a very encouraging peek :)

In stitching news, I put The Kiss aside for now, even though I'm about 1/2 way done. I was itching for a new start, but felt guilty about it. In the end, I decided to work on the latest free Mira cherub. It will be a Christmas present for Jessie's kindergarden teacher, who was also Helen's teacher last year. She's been so great, and I want to do something special for her. So hopefully I'll have new WIP pics soon. This is assuming, of course, that Alex will let me get some stitching done before Christmas! He really is such a good baby, though. He's finally smiling on purpose! He doesn't do it often, and he makes me really work for it, but it is so worth the effort! Don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home