Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Garden Fever

We moved into the house that we painstakingly constructed ourselves a year and 3 months ago. We chose and analyzed a house plan, chose and hired contractors, chose and installed tile, lighting, fixtures, cabinets, etc. The one part we neglected was the yard. We installed a lawn and a few small trees, but that was about the extent of it. Being a botanist, I love plants. Trees, shrubs, flowers - especially flowers. I want a beautiful yard full of flowers! Finally, this spring, I will get my wish. I have had the landscape design drawn up on a piece of scrap paper for months. I have been researching and choosing plants. We will have a dry creekbed for drainage, complete with a small bridge that will cross our new sidewalk, an element that we have so far been missing. A fountain will grace the front door, which has up until now, been practiacally invisible. Visitors always enter through the garage because there is no entry. Well, no more! My yard will be the envy of the neighborhood. I am only waiting on the weather to warm up just enough so that we can tolerate being out there. Will it ever be warm again??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home