Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Alex is here!

I had forgotten what hard work labor is! Yeah, yeah, I know...they don't call it labor for nothing. Well, they also say that they're supposed to be easier the more you have! Let me tell you - not true! Compared to my last birth, I had to really work for this one. Not that it was too terribly bad. I was in labor for about 6 hours, and only 1 of that was really bad ( I didn't have an epidural - I went natural). And after 4 pushing sessions (again, that could have been a lot worse), I had a new baby boy! Alex Cole is perfect, and exactly how I imagined he would be. Well, that's not true. He's much much more! So here are the stats that everyone always wants:

Alex Cole Hutchinson (he shares my initials)
Born September 16th, at 1:51 p.m. (on my birthday)
7 pounds, 10 ounces
21 inches long

Here he is just minutes old


This is in the hospital, after finally calming down


Just before leaving the hospital


At home, 3 days old

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home