Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Learning About RAW

I'm not a professional photographer, and I don't pretend to be. All I want are wonderful photos of my family. But I am a perfectionist! I want those photos to be the best that I can possibly get them! Shooting in RAW has several advantages, and now that I have acquired a large memory card, I have space for these files on my new camera! But I've never worked with RAW before, and I'm not sure I completely understand the concept. Fortunately, I am a fast learner! So I've been scouring the web, and practicing! I've shot more than 400 photos in 4 days! I don't think this RAW thing is going to be as hard as I thought. I still have lots of technicalities to learn, but I think my photos are already better! Take a look:

Luckily, Alex has been a better model lately. Good thing for me, since he's the only one home with me during the day! Turns out a little bribing helps...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Morgan has no problem stopping to pose when I point the camera at her! Jessie is starting to get a little tired of it, though! I think Helen just runs and hides. I can never find her when I have it in my hands! Even DH is being a good sport ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don't think I will run out of photos to scrap for awhile! Scrapping with good photos is so much more fun!

Puppy Dog Tails

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See credits here.

Test Drive

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I did this layout because I'm hosting the Sweet Inspiration Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs this week. So go play along! Details can be found here.

Live. Love. Create!

3 Comments:

Blogger Faith Ann said...

Those pictures are gorgeous... as are the layouts. Congratulations on the new camera!!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

You are rocking that new camera! :-) I LOVE those pics of the little man doing his test drive! So fun! How wonderful that your husband actually cooperated with you. I get all kinds of weirdo faces when I turn the camera towards mine!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! They're definitley something you can look back on for years to come.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home