Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I paper scrapped!

Well, it's more of a hybrid. My mom and I recently hosted a couple baby shower for my brother and his better half, and I made a scrapbook as a gift. I wanted something that would remind them of the pregnancy, and the anticipation of their first child. Something I would love to have myself. So I bought a chipboard album kit, printed out my digipics, my digital papers and elements, and assembled my gift. I used papers and elements from Mindy Terasawa's Sonoran Sunrise kit. I was very happy with the way it turned out, and I will be making more of these babies!

I put the sonogram picture on the cover...




Page 2 has a picture of Beth's bulging belly (say THAT three times fast!), and a quote that I just love: "These precious nine months we're together as one. Our hearts beat in tandem, mother and son."




Page 3 is a paper scraplift of Megan Leeson's Accepting Yourself layout. The journaling reads "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother, and the most important thing a mother can do for her children is to love their father."




Page 4 is all about my brother! Quote says "A father overheard his son pray, "Dear God, make me the kind of man my Daddy is." Later, the father prayed, "Dear God, make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."




Page 5 is a paper scraplift of Amy Martin's Amazing layout. It's a cute pic I snapped of Beth playing on the swings, and reads "The world is a playground and life is pushing my swing."




Page 6 is a beautiful profile shot of Baby John in utero :)




Page 7...




The final page is a shot of the nursery we all (except Mommy!) spent a weekend painting. I did these in color so you could see the beautiful blue stripes! Believe it or not, that pic of Beth was not posed - I just happened to catch her in a pensive moment!




It was so fun to play with paper, and I think I may do a few more of these for Christmas gifts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home