Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring Break in the Smokies

Last week was the kids' Spring Break, and we took a family vacation to the Smokey Mountains. I'm not much of a mountain girl, as I enjoy city life or the beach, but I really enjoyed the trip! I haven't been since I was in high school, and I had forgotten how truly gorgeous the mountains are. We had a fabulous 4 bedroom cabin with incredible views and a wonderful hot tub. It had a full kitchen, and we cooked dinner every night so that we could stay in and save some money. We managed a relatively small hike to Laurel Falls, and spent half a day at the Gatlinburg Aquarium. Although the mountain roads made me quite queasy, I would have loved another few days!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Incredible Views

Image hosting by Photobucket
DH and girls at Laurel Falls

Image hosting by Photobucket
Alex trying to catch a horseshoe crab at the Aquarium

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home