Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Halloween Preparations

From this day forward, I am no longer allowed to complain about having an overwhleming schedule, or not being able to complete my daily duties in a timely fashion. I beg for abuse! I cordially invite torture! I bring it on myself and welcome it into my life. My latest project only proves it.

My brother has sent out invitations for a Halloween costume bash in my hometown. After much deliberation, I have, at the last minute, decided to go. As soon as the plans were confirmed, I jumped on the internet to find an appropriate costume. I will be going as Arwen (naturally!) from the coronation scene at the end of the movie. Unfortunately, the outfit contained a crown that was less-than worthy for the elven princess. So I set out to see if my jewelry skills would allow me to fashion one of my own.

What began as an experiment soon turned into a full-blown architectural project. I studied pictures of the actual crown and used wire to make mine as close as possible. DH actually helped by doing the back wirework for me. I then added beaded wires like the original, and the many (16!) beaded strands hanging from it. I can't wait to wear it! It will be such fun!

Please excuse the horrid pictures. I didn't have the time for proper exposure.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the front of the crown. The wings of the butterfly lie right at my hairline.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the side and back view of the crown. All the beads were my favorite part!

Now, I must go add the beads and finishing touches to my lovely gown. Yes, I will take pictures when I am in full dress. I even have the ears!

For comparison:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home